Some of the brightest minds in the commercial property sector gathered recently at Point Polaris’s Melbourne office to discuss commercial office design, development and tenant trends, as part of our Outlook Boardroom debates.
Hosted by Point Polaris’ managing director, Andrew Hogan, the evening featured a terrific panel comprising Kate Pilgrim of JLL, Simon Haussegger of Cox Architecture, Sophie Hutchinson of ADP Consulting Pty Ltd and Thomas Ye of co-working disruptor The Commons
Some key takeaways from the night included:
- Flex – need for agility and flexibility is driving exponential increase in demand for flexspace
- Space Activation – expectations for improved ‘hospitality-style’ amenities on the rise
- Multi-Generational – the focus has shifted from satisfying a narrow band of user demographics to creating spaces for a more diverse range of occupants
- Our society is being hijacked by technology!
- The numbers stack when it comes to Building and Occupant WELLNESS, including 73% saying it has a positive impact on building leasing rates
- Co-Working – the best designs come from early engagement with an operator and the intention to include co-working from the outset
Thanks to all our speakers and our guests.
Click here to download copies of the presentations from the evening.